Depigmenting and Regulating Creme. Cosmelan® is the world’s leading professional depigmenting method. Cosmelan 2 is a topical anti-spot cream for home use. Maintains the results obtained with the professional treatment and prevents the appearance of new skin alterations.
Pigmentation concerns are a growing, global issue; they affect more than 90% of adults over the age of 50. Regardless of skin color, they are a significant issue because of their unattractive appearance and negative psychological and emotional impact, affecting quality of life. Skin hyperpigmentation is caused by abnormal production of melanin, the pigment responsible for skin color, and is a consequence of uncontrolled, localized overproduction of melanin by the melanocytes, causing irregular skin coloration and dark spots.
Depigmenting and regulating
cosmelan® is a depigmenting method that has an intensive corrective action on skin hyperpigmentations while simultaneously regulating the overproduction of melanin in the melanocytes, inhibiting and controlling the appearance of new dark spots. It has a dual corrective and controlling action, achieving short- and long-term results by keeping hyperpigmentation under control.
The method consists of a salon stage (applied by professionals) and a home routine. Cosmelan 2 cream forms part of a home routine and serves to both maintain the results obtained in the salon and prevent the appearance of new spots. Complemented with hydra-vital factor K and moisturizing sun protection SPF50+, the care and the prevention of spots is solved in an unique and integral way.
- Vitamin - Ascorbic acid 10%. Applied topically, it has a dual antioxidant effect: it neutralizes free radicals in cells and contributes to vitamin E regeneration, which is essential for the protection of cells’ lipid membranes.
- Osilift - Plant-based tightening agent with anti-wrinkle properties. Flash lifting effect.
Vitamin E - Improves the nutrition and elasticity of the skin, combating fine wrinkles and expression lines.
Benefits of Mesoestetic Cosmelan 2:
- An effective skin lightening cream
- Reduces (or in some cases, eradicates) the appearance of dark spots Creates an even skin tone and improves luminosity
- Antioxidants protect against harmful free radicals
- Suitable for use on all types of hyperpigmentation
- Suitable for all skin types
- Uneven and irregular with undefined edges. Frequently symmetrical. Shadow-like appearance.
Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Irregular, flat, asymmetric spots of dark pigmentation, either localized or dispersed.
Solar and senile lentigo
- Spots that are oval or round, lentil-shaped and even, measuring 2-20 millimeters.
- Small, flat, pigmented spots. Multiple and symmetrical. Light brown.
Since cosmelan 2 forms part of an integral treatment it is recommended to consult with a professional on the precise instructions of the “cosmelan method protocol”.
Cosmelan 2 is applied to clean, dry skin through a gentle massage, following the instructions of the “cosmelan method protocol”. This protocol envisions the stages of:
- Continuous depigmenting: 48 hours after removing the cosmelan 1 mask, it is necessary to continue with the daily routine to supplement the corrective depigmenting action of the method and to regulate the overproduction of melanin inside the melanocyte. Apply cosmelan 2 three times a day (morning, midday and night), followed by hydra-vital factor k and moisturizing sun protection SPF 50+ during the day.
- Control of hyperpigmentation: At this point, it is important to treat the root cause of the blemish, controlling the overproduction of melanin by constant regulation of the melanocyte. This controls both intra- and intercellular melanin production and prevents repigmentation. Apply cosmelan 2 morning and night, followed by hydra-vital factor k, and moisturizing sun protection SPF 50+ during the day. In case of sun exposure, reapply UV protection at midday.
- Control of reappearance: The tendency to develop dark spots is an ongoing risk. During this control phase, the reappearance of the treated spots and the formation of new ones is prevented, prolonging the results of the method for longer. Apply cosmelan 2 at night, followed by hydra-vital factor k. During the day, apply moisturizing sun protection SPF 50+ and reapply in cases of direct sun exposure.
Once the method is complete, we strongly recommend the continuous use of sun protection as a permanent cosmetic treatment.
- Do use with Mesoestetic support products ONLY
- Do wash fingers before and after use
- Do apply a pea-sized amount ONLY
- Do apply to the entire face and not just problem areas to prevent the pigmentation moving
- Do use with a Mesoestetic SPF
- Do follow the programme for 12 months
- Do be aware of triggers to pigmentation, i.e. UVA, UVB, HEV, IR, Hormonal changes, Photo-sensitising Medication, Perfumes, Chemicals, Inflammation such as acne, wounds, Genetics
- Don’t use with any other branded products
- Don’t use if Pregnant
- Don’t use if allergic to Aspirin
- Don’t use if skin is sensitized
- Don’t just apply to problematic areas, it must be applied to the entire face to prevent the pigmentation from moving
- Don’t use to treat Hypopigmentation
- Don’t use if you have an auto-immune disorder
- Don’t use with Retinol based products
ONE day of unprotected skin (SPF) within a 9-month period can undo all the results achieved!!!
The use of Cosmelan 2, with its highly active ingredients, will cause skin redness and irritation in the initial stages and therefore the skin should be well-prepped before use of this product begins. This helps to minimize possible adverse reactions and helps to optimize results. The use of Mesoestetic De-Pigmentation Skin Preparation Kit is required and should be used consistently for 15 days prior to treatment.
This product must be used with Mesoestetic products only: Mesoestetic Hydra Milk Cleanser, Mesoestetic Hydra-Vital Factor K, Mesoestetic Melan Recovery, Mesoestetic Fast Skin Repair and Mesoestetic Ultimate W+ Range. It is very important to wear a high SPF whilst using Cosmelan 2 Depigmentation Cream - we recommend Mesoestetic Moisturising Sun Protection SPF 50+, Mesoestetic Mesoprotech Melan SPF