Originating from a Chinese background, the owners wanted to incorporate a little bit of their culture into some of the amenities you can get at the spa. This tea is especially popular in Asia, particularly in Hong Kong where high-end 5-star hotels would serve this refreshing drink to their guests in the morning.
All our enhancement begins or ends with our made in house wellness and anti aging tea, it's great for inflammation, immune system (a must right now during a pandemic), anti aging and more! Once you complete your body massage, we end the treatment and serve you our elixir tea in the tea area. Couldn't think of a better way to end any massage ourselves.
WHAT IS SNOW FUNGUS?
Snow fungus dates back as far as 200 AD and is well known to be used throughout a lot of ancient Chinese cooking as well as traditional Chinese medicine. It doesn’t really taste of anything but it has a gelatinous texture. Normally you can find it in Chinese dessert or soup.
BENEFITS OF SNOW FUNGUS
- Snow fungus improves the body’s immune system because it contains polysaccharides and glycan that help to transform cells. It turns the bad cells into good cells, thus your body’s immune system is better able to fight against anything that comes your way. Uh, good bye covid. This is SO important right now! Bring on anything to keep the cold and viruses away!
- Snow Fungus acts as a “humectant” by holding over 500 times its weight in water – not quite as powerful as hyaluronic acid, however, an extra advantage of Snow Fungus is that its particles are smaller than those of hyaluronic acid, allowing them to penetrate the skin more easily. In other words, Snow Fungus holds less water than hyaluronic acid, but it actually delivers more moisture to the skin due to the smaller particle size. The Snow Mushroom also can generate a flexible hydration film that helps to restore dry skin to its optimally hydrated state. This helps to restore elasticity, and with over 18 amino acids, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, Snow Fungus helps to accelerate wound healing, aids in collagen production for plumper skin and boosts overall skin health.
- It's good for your brain! According to the 16th-century theory the “Doctrine of Signatures”, a plant's appearance indicated the conditions it can treat. The gelatinous structure of the Snow Fungus is surprisingly similar to that of the brain and it does indeed contain compounds that can protect this important organ. A 2007 study published in “Mycobiology” found that Snow Fungus has neuroprotective and neurotrophic effects. It promotes neurite outgrowth and helps prevent b-amyloid toxicity, making it a potential precautionary agent in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's. Snow Fungus also increases super-oxide dismutase (SOD) activity in the brain. SOD is an important protective enzyme of the brain – a master antioxidant that forms the first line of defence against pathogens to
WHAT IS WOLFBERRY
In China, the wolfberry fruit is more often referred to as “goji” or lycii fruit. They are the bright red fruit of the Lycium barbarum plants. There are over eighty species of wolfberries worldwide that vary in antioxidant and nutritional value. Wolfberries support a healthy immune system but they are filled with minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
BENEFITS OF WOLFBERRY
- They provide a natural source of calcium and magnesium, Vitamin B, antioxidants and more. Antioxidants protect our bodies against free radicals. Free radicals are harmful molecules that can damage your cells. Goji berries have a high oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) score of 3,290 (quantity of antioxidants in certain foods).
- The berries are believed to promote youthful-looking skin by nourishing yin and improving blood production.
- Chinese Wolfberries are supposed to contain more beta-carotene, a type of antioxidant, than carrots. Antioxidants may have anti-aging and cancer-fighting effects.
There are not many things in life that can beat a massage followed by a good tea. It took us long and hard to think of a tea that can be just as delicious, nourishing and full of health benefits, aligning with our spa culture. We hope you enjoy this wellness drink.